This weekend was Ryan and Michelle's long-awaited wedding. We left for Austin on Thursday morning and met David's parents there where we gave up Isabella for 3 long days. It was our first time leaving her overnight and I don't foresee another any time soon. It was REALLY difficult for me. Thursday night I went to Michelle's shower at the Whole Foods Culinary Center to make delicious food. It was a great idea for a shower and I really enjoyed the experience. I went from there to Eddie V's to meet David, Josh and his wife Michelle. I rode in the most pimped-out cab EVER. The driver had black lights and rugs and 3 flat screen TVs. It was crazy. Only in Austin.
On Friday we worked out in the morning and spent the early part of the day running errands. David and Josh had to be at the rehearsal at 4:30 so I tagged along. Wedding rehearsals are so much more enjoyable when they are someone else's. After watching Greg Carlson break in to his own house to proudly wear his McCougerson Jacket, we headed to Z Tejas for a fabulous rehearsal dinner.
On wedding day, we went to lunch at Nordstrom Cafe (an old favorite) and spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready for the wedding. The wedding was at the Driskill Hotel (one of the oldest and nicest hotels in Austin). It was absolutely gorgeous.
By the time Sunday came around, I was MORE THAN READY to see my Isabella again. I couldn't get her out of her Grammy and Jiddo's car fast enough. I knew they took good care of her while I was in Austin, but I still thought about her all the time. Wouldn't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment