Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Isabella is 8 mo. old...

Wow. It's even weird to say it. 8 months. Isabella can say da-da, ba-ba, ga-ga, ha-ha, and wa-wa. She's so close to knowing that "da-da" is her daddy, so now we're working on MAMA! We're not even close, but it can't hurt to try. She can wave bye-bye (sort of). She has the finger curling part down, she just doesn't know she's supposed to raise her hand when she does it. She sort of waves down by her side. It's cute nonetheless. She can get up on all fours and rock (a little bit), but she has no interest in crawling at this point. She gets around by rolling back and forth or scooting backwards. She still doesn't have any more teeth other than the one she got a couple of days before Thanksgiving. You can still just see the top of it. I'm wondering if it's ever going to come all the way in. I think that's all I can update for now...I'll keep you posted if things change :)

Isabella isn't scheduled to go back to the Dr. until next month (for her 9 mo. check-up), but we ended up making a trip today to have her looked at. As it turns out, Isabella has her first ear infection. Fortunately, we caught it early so her discomfort is minimal at this point (at least as far as we can tell). I noticed she'd been pulling on her ear a couple of time in the last 48 hours, so I called the Dr. this morning to get her in. She's taking "yummy" bubble gum amoxicillin. Hopefully she'll be feeling much better in the next 24 hours or so.

Isabella was put on the scale with her clothes and diaper on (they only take them off for well-visits). She was 16 lbs. 1 oz. fully clothed. She's definitely gotten longer. She's a little over 27" it seems (I measured her at home, but I'm not sure how accurate that is), but we'll find out next month for sure.

Here are a few pictures we took on her 8 mo. birthday:

No comments: