Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!

It's hard to imagine a day where it rains for 18 straight hours - and not just rains, pours! Well, today (and yesterday) was one of those days. It started last night around 6:30p (of course David was at the gym). Isabella and I noticed the wind was picking up a bit. Ok, maybe she didn't really notice and it was just a coincidence that when I asked her if she thought it was windy, she replied "yaya." Anyway, the rain came down in sheets, the wind gusted up to 80 mph in some areas, and we even saw (or heard) some hail. All of this for 18 hours. The lights went out around 7pm last night, but fortunately, only for about 20 seconds. Long enough for me to gather myself and not freak out Isabella. She wasn't phased one bit. She probably thought it was cool. If all this rain wasn't bad enough, I've been fighting a pretty severe sinus infection for the last couple of days and haven't been feeling all that great. Something about the weather and the illness just made for a lousy day. I needed a pick-me-up, to say the least. That, my friends, is why you have children. Isabella doesn't care what the weather is outside or how bad I'm feeling (which isn't always a good thing). She's always happy and ready to bring a smile to my face. She was just doing some really cute things so I grabbed the video camera to capture them. Here are some cuts of what I filmed:





**This random photo was taken last week - she's even prim and proper when she sleeps...

No comments: