Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy, Healthy New Year!

It's a good thing we're settled into the new home because this month has been crazy and next month looks to be even busier. We spent last weekend in Kansas City for Rosh Hashanah. A good time was had by all. Isabella loved all of the attention. She made sure all eyes were on her - quite a performer, that little girl. She recited the alphabet for everyone (she knows "a" through "d", but her favorite letter is "f." She repeats it several times throughout her version of the ABCs. She played instruments and danced her little tushie off. While we were there, Isabella received her first professional bang trim. She didn't take it well at first. She screamed and wouldn't let go of me, but once the stylist told Meagan about some bubbles she had at her station, Isabella was putty in our hands. She sat there excitedly staring at the bubbles...and getting her bangs trimmed.

Isabella has recently adopted a new post-bath routine. She loves to let me put the hooded towel on her head and then run out of the room and look for her Daddy - completely naked. She thinks it's the funniest thing in the world. She eventually lets me put her diaper and PJs on. It's funny now, but I hope she outgrows this habit fairly quickly. I don't want to be nominated for worst mother of the year...

When we arrived home we decided to start on some work on the house. Minor updates -just some paint and crown molding changes. I forgot how much I hated having workers in the house. Oh well - it'll all be worth it.

Isabella is truly enjoying her new backyard. She'll walk up to the door and tell me "ahyide" (outside) and repeat it until I take her outside. She runs around and picks up the golf balls David plays around with. (You'll see some videos at the end of this post.) Isabella has also started counting to three (wuh-too-freeeeee(the 3 is in a very high-pitched voice.) She's added "grocery store" (grogreegore), "turkey" (tureeee), "avocado" (ahcaca), and several other words to her vocabulary. She's also started putting words together. It's amazing that I can actually communicate with her. I can't believe how mature she's becoming.

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks (there are a few pictures of some rooms in our new house that didn't make the last post):





No comments: