First let me start by wishing each and every one of you a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year. I hope your celebrations were fun and you rang in 2010 with people you love.
Isabella had an uneventful New Year's Eve. I kind of felt bad, but reminded myself she won't remember that she was in bed before 8. She had a treat for dinner: macaroni and cheese. She read books and headed off to bed. She was none the wiser that it was a holiday. Maybe she'll enjoy it next year...
We had two couples over for dinner. It was supposed to be MUCH larger, but over the last week the numbers kept dwindling. I was really disappointed, but had a good time nonetheless. We served Chicken Marsala, garlic linguine, sauteed vegetables, salad and for desert: Dutch Apple pie (the one I make, of course). We had to put our Jewish touch on this New Year's celebration. Apples for the new year! Our neighbors/friends Scott and Alison came over for dinner and we were pleasantly surprised our friends Ari and Ellen joined us for dessert. They just had a baby a week ago and since she's not home from the hospital yet, they were nice enough to join us for an hour. We really enjoyed seeing the pictures they brought of their new little angel Dana. We can't wait to meet her. Isabella has a new friend, but I won't let her near her for at least another 6 months :). David and I were surprisingly able to stay up until Midnight, but not too much longer after that.
This morning we went over to our friends the Schuler's house for a New Year's AND birthday celebration. Their daughter was born on N.Y.E. last year. Isabella had a few bites of birthday cake and was a total spaz the rest of the day. We're really fortunate she took a nap.
Here are a few pictures from the last 24 hours:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment