In case you were unaware, Isabella is a fish. This child loves swimming in and jumping into the water. It makes her so happy. She loves it so much that we have been to the pool all but a couple of days over the last 2 weeks. We spent both Saturday, Sunday and Monday of Memorial Weekend at the pool for at least 1 1/2 hours each day. Every time we leave, she insists "we come back morrow (tomorrow)." On Saturdays, Isabella goes with David to Soccer Tots. I went to sneak a peak. It's adorable. We went over to Sara and Jarred's house on Monday and she got to swim with her cousin Rachel. We had a great time. Here are some pictures from the weekend:
On Tuesday, Isabella and I flew to Kansas City for a nice long visit (and it ended up being 36 hours longer than we anticipated - more on that later). We had a nice long relaxing week. For the first time in quite some time, no one was sick during our visit. As I write this, however, Isabella is sick now. She has a fever. I suspect she might have strep throat or something fun like that. I digress... Isabella discovered the joys of watching a movie. Her first movie experience was Annie. She was obsessed. This same child who can't sit still through a 30-minute show, wanted that movie over and over and over again. She did, however, stay true to form and only watched about 10 minutes at a time. She started singing "Tomorrow" and was telling us who all the characters were (and very clearly, I might add). Towards the end of the movie she'd tell us "Annie in twuble (trouble)." We did some fun things while we were in KC. David and I went site-seeing in Lawrence after my family attended our cousins' B'Not Mitzvah on Saturday. I even got David to take a picture in front of the Forrest "Phog" Allen statue in front of Allen Field House. Awesome! On Sunday, David and I went to beautiful Kauffman Stadium and took in a baseball game. Believe it or not, the Royals actually won!!! We had a great time. We were supposed to fly out on Sunday night, but when we pulled on to airport property, David received a phone call from Southwest Airlines saying our flight was at least 2 hours delayed due to a mechanical problem in Louisville. Over the course of the next 20 minutes, the flight was delayed another 2 hours, so David opted to send Isabella and me home on Tuesday instead. He waited at the airport for over 4 hours. UGH! Taking advantage of our additional time, on Monday Meagan and I took Isabella to the Deanna Rose Petting Farm (we'd taken her a year ago, but she got a lot more out of it this time). She loved feeding all of the animals.
Isabella had such a great time in KC. We can't wait to go back next month while David's on his golf trip. Here are some pictures from the weekend:
P.S. A funny side note: We were reading a book to Isabella about baby animals and we asked her what a baby cow drinks. Her response was "coffee." On Saturday night, we went to Fiorella's for some AMAZING BBQ with my Grandma and Grandpa. They gave her a soft, cuddly stuffed dog. We asked her what her new doggy's name is and she answered "Doggy Madison Tawil." She cracks me up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment