Eight months, really!?!? I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of how quickly times seems to be slipping away. Since this is probably my last baby, I was hoping time would go by slowly enough that I could enjoy almost every moment. That is not proving to be the case. At 8 months, Madeline is continuing to surprise us with reaching milestones at a pace ahead of where she should as a preemie. She is so close to crawling it is scary. Right now it's more of an "army crawl." She sits on her own and seems to really be enjoying her new perspective on the world. She won't go back to the doctor until 9 months, but based on our scale at home (which has proven to be pretty accurate) she is 16 lbs. 2 oz. We figure she's around 25" or so. She even has two sharp little teeth! She's growing like a weed and has become the happiest baby in the world. She'll go to almost anyone who wants to hold her, but is starting to show signs of separation anxiety with me. Even when David's holding her, if I walk by her or leave the room, she reaches for me and starts to whimper a bit. She's feeding herself and is really starting to hone her fine motor skills. I'm loving watching her grow...
Isabella started piano lessons about a month ago. Through her school, they offer Piano by Color. It's a European method of learning where each note is assigned a color (C=blue, D=red, E=green, F=brown and G=orange). They start with 5 - one for each finger. It is offered in two formats: 1) a 30 minute "group" lesson or 2) a 15 minute individual lesson. I wasn't sure if she would enjoy it or how well she would do. I've been pleasantly surprised with how quickly she's picking it up and how much she truly enjoys it. After trying a group lesson first, we've decided on individual lessons for her. She did significantly better on her own than she did with another one of her classmates. (especially considering the classmate was bouncing off the walls - I'd have a hard time concentrating too) Her teacher commented how amazing Isabella's attention span is and even tried an individual lesson for 30 minutes. Apparently Isabella did so well, her teacher admitted she could've gone 45 minutes and would've held her attention the whole time. Because they are offered through school, she is limited to either the 30 min. group or 15 min. individual lesson. Her teacher has suggested, in a month or so, enrolling Isabella in her own 30 minute lesson at the teacher's "regular" studio and stopping lessons at the preschool. She's been very impressed with Isabella's progress. Isabella enjoys it so much she doesn't even mind practicing at home...now THAT says something.
For Yom Kippur, we traveled to Kansas City to spend some time (very short amount of time) with my family. It was sort of a whirlwind weekend, but I VERY MUCH enjoyed seeing my fam. ( Just a side note: my sister and mom looked AMAZING. If you haven't seen them recently, you'll be stunned the next time you do. I'm SO proud!!!) My mom stayed home with the girls so David and I could go to Kol Nidre with my Dad and sister. I know I'm not supposed to "enjoy" Kol Nidre services, but it was nice to be among adults for a change. For Yom Kippur services we gave Isabella a choice: go to babysitting (where we all know she'd do anything NOT to go) or sit quietly in services and not say a word. No surprise, she chose sitting in services. We told her if that's what she chose, if we heard a peep out of her, she'd be off to babysitting. We expected her time in services to be short-lived. Much to our surprise, she lasted the ENTIRE time. She's never behaved better! Mental note for the future: threaten babysitting to ensure a well-behaved child. For break-the-fast, we ate a my parents' house and Isabella took it as an opportunity to show off. She showed everyone her "moves" from her ballet class and played all night with cousin Carey. She took pictures on my phone and helped with Maddie. She had a great time.
Sunday morning was the belated celebration of my grandparents' birthdays and anniversary. As many of you know, in August, my grandmother fell and broke her collarbone and the planned celebrations had to be rescheduled. (A photo was taken of Isabella in her sling next to her "GG" in her sling. Sad, but cute.) Knowing we were coming in town, they kindly rescheduled for this weekend. Isabella got to play with her cousins Eliza and Peyton, which she enjoyed immensely. Can't wait to see the family again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment