I know what you're thinking: Are they EVER going to post again? The short answer is "yes," but they might be further apart than they used to. With only Isabella's nap time (she's down to one a day), there isn't as much time to do it. My business has been doing well lately, so that takes up the rest of my free time. Hang in there - I'll post. I promise.
A few weeks ago my grandparents came down to visit. Isabella loved the attention. She modeled her hat collection for them (and even put one on Grandpa's head). She entertained them nonstop. They got to go to Little Gym with us and watch Isabella on the balance beam (all by herself, I might add). We really enjoyed having them.
A couple of weeks ago, Creative Cuddles (my business) had a booth at a local craft bazaar. My mom came down to help (I couldn't have done it without her) and David stayed at home with Isabella. The show went o.k. The first hour and a half were great. I was swamped and orders were pouring in. The last 3 1/2 hours were just the opposite. I didn't sell one more thing the rest of the afternoon. It wasn't a total waste, though. One of my customers from that day just placed another order with me today. Very exciting. My mom went with us to Little Gym before we went to the airport. She had a blast watching Isabella. Isabella was even chosen to demonstrate a couple of activities. I was so proud.
Last Saturday David and I took Isabella to the Dallas Arboretum to take some "Pumpkin" pictures in their beautiful fall scenery. Isabella had a great time.
For Halloween this weekend, Isabella is going as Abby Caddabby from Sesame Street. As much as she loves that character, I thought she'd jump at the opportunity to dress like her. I'd purchased a costume a couple of months ago with the intention of using it as a plan B. As of last week, it was plan A - then my mom came in town. With her help, we came up with an idea to make one on our own. I'd looked for a pattern so that I could make one from scratch, but that's one of the only Sesame Street characters they don't make. We ended up using two pairs of bloomers and a tutu, taking them apart, and reassembling them as an Abby Caddabby costume. Whether it looks perfect or not, at least it's homemade. I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't made it for her. It'd be a waste not to use my sewing abilities. Yesterday afternoon my playgroup got together to take pictures of the kiddos in their costumes. I thought Isabella would be so excited to dress like Abby Caddabby. Boy was I wrong. She threw her first full temper-tantrum. I even took pictures of it so I can show her when she gets older. She FREAKED out when I put on the dress. When it came time to put her hair in pigtails - that just put her over the top. She ended up being fine once we got to playgroup and took some really cute pictures. She didn't wear the "full" costume (she didn't have the hair pompoms or wand). I'm saving that torture for Saturday night when it's actually Halloween. Still, I think she looked precious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment