Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Don't like that kind of pancake"

We've had quite an eventful last couple of weeks. On my birthday, Isabella and I headed to San Antonio to meet up with David for a "business dinner" I was invited to attend. Basically, it was a head-first dive into my new role as David, "the Regional Investment Manager's" wife. A wrinkle was thrown in to my day when, upon landing in San Antonio (literally upon landing) I leaned down to kiss Isabella (who'd been sleeping the entire flight) and she was burning up. She had a 101 degree fever when we got back to David's parents' house. We gave her some medication, and the fever seemed to be in check. Unfortunately, I was distracted at this dinner. I met David's new boss and his wife, and David's old boss and his wife. It was held at a nice private dinner club. It was very intimidating, but it went extremely well. The next morning, unfortunately, Isabella had an even higher fever so David and I feared we might have to head home sooner than we'd planned. We'd planned on staying at the Westin at La Conterra that Friday night to test out the "heavenly bed." I can't give an accurate evaluation because I didn't sleep...Isabella didn't fall asleep until midnight and was then up at 5 am with a 103.7 degree fever. We left immediately to head back to Dallas. As it turned out, she had Roseola. We took her to the Dr. first thing Monday morning. She's doing so much better now - thank goodness.

Last week while David was out of town, Isabella and I had her friend Jordan and her mommy, my friend Kim over to play and for dinner. In the photos at the end of this, you'll see some of Isabella in the bath - that was from this night.

This past Friday we took Isabella to the Concert and a Movie series at the Nasher Sculpture Museum in Dallas. They were having a Beatles' cover band called "Hard Day's Night." The movie started well after Isabella's bedtime, so we just watched the first half of the band. She had a blast. We had a picnic and everything. It was so much fun. Pictures of this are included in the slide show at the bottom.

Sunday night we went out to dinner at our favorite Greek restaurant. The photos of Isabella in a plaid dress are from that.

The last 3 days, Isabella's gone to the pool. Sunday and yesterday, I took her as soon as she woke up from her nap. She's amazing in the pool. She does things I won't even do. She jumps in and swims to me. It's so impressive. The swimming lessons have definitely paid off. Today, however, she could fall asleep, so I took her to the pool early. The last two pictures in the slide show are of her less than 5 minutes after we got home...

Enjoy!



BTW: the quote in the subject line is from breakfast the other day. We met cousin Lisa Deutch at Cafe Brazil. I ordered Isabella a kid's pancake...apparently she prefers the process kind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isabella has really grown! She is adorable! Aunt Mindy