Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Word of the Day...

I realized (actually, my Mom pointed it out) it's been a while since I documented how much Isabella's vocabulary has grown and decided to give a little update...Enjoy!

Some of Isabella's favorite words are:

Books (books)
Guacamowe (Guacamole)
winday (Wednesday)
tooday (Tuesday)
yaterday (Saturday)
yiyya gym (Little Gym)
mizic (music)
wimming (swimming)
yakers (shakers)
Backoom (vacuum)
pincess (princess)
fwoot (fruit)
nack (snack)
yimyoop (swimsuit)
youp (soup)
yummayault (somersault)
boobies (boobies)
'gina (I'll keep this PG)
toosie (tushy)
nummos (numbers)
geem (gym)
bielt (belt)
Dawwas (Dallas)
Kanyayiwie (Kansas City)
happyburger (hamburger)
veggibuguh ((veggie burger) - we've been to Houston's a couple of times in the last month)
abacado (avocado)
boobwies (blueberries)
stwawbewwies (strawberries)
noonuls (noodles)

Here are some cute phrases/sentences she says:

"pocket de money" (pocket the money)
"Bewwa do it" (Isabella do it)
"Mommy/Daddy do it" (duh)
"Cuddles doing?" (What is Cuddles doing?)
"Baby Dana doing?" (What is Baby Dana doing?)
"I yike dat" (I like that)
"Not in a minit, NOW" (line from a book: Not in a minute, now)
"Mahhhh Meatwof" (line from a movie which she hasn't seen and won't until she's at least 17: "Ma Meatloaf")
"Peepee Potty" (Pee in the potty)
"wash ya hands" (wash your hands)
"Mommy coming/not coming" (Mommy is coming/not coming)
"potch ya toosie" (potch your tushy (not in a spanking way...)
"no way" (no explanation needed - she's 2)
"push da gwowwer" (Push the stroller)
"yummy yummy ina tummy" (yummy, yummy in my tummy)
"cawwie me" (carry me)
"uppy uppy" (pick me up)
"mommy's caw wite dare" (Mommy's car is right there)
"opin de dow" (open the door)

Here are her favorite songs and how she sings them:

Old MacDonald Had a Farm - o nackdonno add a wharm, eeeeyiiieeeeyiiioooooo
an on dat wharm e add a doggie, eeeeyiiieeeeyiiioooooo
wif a woofwoof ear, woofwoof dare
ear, dare woofwoof, eeeeyiiieeeeyiiioooooo, etc.

Twinkle Twinkle - tinko tinko yiyya dar, awah wondo wah ya aw
uh uh uh de wool yo eye
yike a dimon ina ky
tinko tinko yiyya dar, awah wondo wah ya aw

Happy Birthday - appy bufday to you, appy bufday to you
appy bufday to Bewwa
appy bufday to Mommy
appy bufday to Daddy, etc...

Apples and Cherries - Appos and yerries, peeeshes boobwies, gapes and nannees
di di di di di di di di di di di di di di di
waniwwa ikeem, stwawbewwy ikeem, chocoyit ikeem
yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum...

She loves singing anything from Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer. Her versions are adorable. Recently I purchased the soundtrack to the show Glee (amazing CDs by the way), and she's patient enough (sometimes) to listen to them in the car with me. My favorite song in the collection is their version of Heart's "How Do I Get You Alone." She fondly refers to it as "mommy's yong (song). I sing most of it, but when it comes to the chorus, she chimes in with: "ow do I git ya ta home" instead of "How do I get you alone." It's so funny.


She loves reading books more than ever. Some of her favorites are Pooh's Bedtime Stories (Roo Stays Up, in particular), The Jazz Fly (aka: the Gila book), Bella's Birthday Party, any of the Llama Llama books, Passover (it's a kids' book, not the Haggadah version), Five Little Gefilte Fish, and many more. When I say she knows the books by heart, I'm not exaggerating. She can recite most of the words in every single one of these books. It's really quite impressive.

Other funny little tidbits of information:

Isabella loves to tell people (David and I in particular) what to do. When it comes to singing songs to her before she falls asleep, there are certain places we HAVE to stand or she'll kindly point it out if we're not obeying. David has to stand at the foot of her crib (the left side ONLY) and I have to stand by her head (but not squat or sit - STAND). It comical. Most of the time she will only let me read to her. She puts up a fight if David even sits in the "Reading Chair" in her room. I'm the only one who can brush her teeth, dry her hair, etc. It's cute most of the time... She's also really getting in to using her training toilet. She's not close to actual potty training b/c she doesn't have the bladder control, but she definitely lets me know when she has to go. As a matter of fact, this morning while I was getting ready, she sat on her potty for 30 minutes reading to herself (she knew most of the Dora Potty book she has that I read to her while she goes to the bathroom). I took a couple of pictures - it was too cute to pass up.

That's all that comes to mind right now, but if I've learned anything in the last 3 1/2 months, it's to not just write things down, but put them on the internet where I can access them even WITHOUT my own computer. I'll be posting a lot from here on out...

No comments: