Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Saw the Sign...

For those of you who may not be familiar with the new fad of teaching sign language to babies, let me clue you in on something: By G-d it actually works. It's amazing. Even before babies can say their first word, they can communicate. I'd been teaching Isabella how to indicate she wants "more" food. I've shown her the sign for it for a couple of months and two days ago, she did it. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but she then did it several more times. Here's a video of her:




Isabella has also discovered the wonders of crawling into the breakfast room. Before today, she was content sitting in the den playing with her toys. But when one of her toys rolled into the breakfast room she actually crawled after it. She liked the new scenery so much she decided to check out the rest of the room:


No comments: