This past weekend was the pre-wedding festivities for Rachel (Randy's fiance). We left for San Antonio Friday morning. Despite a 40-minute traffic delay in Dallas, stopping for lunch in Hillsboro and the usual inexplicable slowdown in Downtown Austin, we made in to San Antonio in less than 6 hours. Isabella still hadn't fully recovered from her illness and on top of that was in the process of getting 4 new teeth. That said, she was an absolute angel in the car. She slept 80% of the ride and didn't cry until we were seconds from the Tawils' store. Not bad. She was so excited to see her cousins from McAllen. She hadn't seen them since June. She even got to take a bath with her cousin Allison. Because she was sleeping in the same room as David and I, none of us slept very well the first night (nor did we sleep well the second night for that matter). As tired as we were, we still managed to have a great time. Saturday afternoon was Rachel's shower hosted by Dawn, Sandy and myself. It turned out perfectly. I think it's safe to say everyone enjoyed themselves. While I was at the shower, David was at his grandmother's house attempting to recreate a picture of him and Sara in a green chair as babies, but with Isabella and Rachel (Sara's daughter). The girls are precious, but weren't as keen on the recreation idea as Sara and I were. They made their own version of the "green chair" photo. Later that evening were the bachelor and bachelorette parties. Dawn, Sandy and I stayed out as late as possible - 11:30p. I was so exhausted I couldn't keep my eyes open. It was sort of embarrassing. We had a really good time, though. Sunday morning was Rachel's second shower at the same place I had mine. It was beautifully done (as was mine) and everyone had a good time. We hit the road immediately afterwards and got back to Dallas around 7:00p. We all slept really well Sunday night...
Here are the images from the weekend:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment