Has it really been a year? There are days it feels as though I gave birth about 2 months ago, yet I can't remember what life was like before she was a part of it. Lucky for Isabella, her birthday fell right, smack dab, on the first night of Passover. Her Mimi (my mom) came in town in the late morning, we cooked ALL day (not to mention the days of cooking I'd spent prior), and Isabella had her second 1st Sedar of her life. Other than her birthday, this is the first repeat holiday she's had!
David came home early from work so we could celebrate the big day with a little "leavened," sugary goodness :) I'd purchased a single cupcake from Tom Thumb for her to enjoy during the day of her actual birthday (before sundown). I ordered my favorite: white cake with white icing. As it turns out, the cupcake was just that; my favorite. I thought for sure after never giving her a sweet food of any sort before today she'd be chomping at the bit to eat it all. Boy was I wrong. She took one bite and was done. She picked up a big piece of cupcake, looked as if she would eat it, and threw it on the floor. I guess there are worse things in the world than a child who is indifferent when it comes to sweets.
Isabella opened a few presents before the Sedar, and as usual, was more interested in the wrapping and tissue paper than the gifts themselves.
We made every attempt to get Isabella involved in the Sedar, and despite unofficially moving the start time up an hour, it was still a little too late for her. She did like the food, however. My kinda girl; she likes gefilte fish AND mazto ball soup. Here are some photos and videos from her birthday:
P.S. Happy Birthday to my Dad Randy and to Aunt Fonda (both on the 8th)!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment