Monday, April 13, 2009

Isabella's Birthday Week Day 2

Isabella had her 1 year doctor's appointment today. She weighed 17 lbs. 14 oz. and was 27 1/2" tall (both stats were the 7th percentile). She received 3 vaccines and was a trooper. She cried when they were given, but was fine immediately afterwards, as she always is. The Dr. wants to see her back in a month to check some fluid in her ears, but otherwise will see her again at 15 months.

Isabella's Grammy and Jiddo (David's parents) arrived in the afternoon to help Isabella celebrate celebrate her week-long birthday and the 2nd Sedar. After a rough night with Isabella waking up crying several times for us in the house and a long day of driving for her Grammy and Jiddo, we managed to accomplish an impressive feat: we got through the entire Sedar in less than 20 minutes! It was the greatest Sedar EVER! We'd made a very multi-cultural meal and I think we were all anxious to get to the "eating" portion of the Sedar. While my matzo balls turned out terribly, the other courses were divine. Isabella enjoyed the meal a little earlier in the evening, but she liked it as much as we did - you could tell.

Side Note: If I haven't mentioned how much I appreciate the fact I married into a Sephardic family, let me take this opportunity. You don't realize how much easier Passover is when you can eat rice. Thank you Tawils!



No comments: