Monday, June 29, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Sorry for the tardiness of this post. I'm not really sure where the last week has gone. Not a whole lot is new in the Tawil household. Isabella is walking a lot more and has added a few words to her vocabulary. She now says:

Eyes - eyeeeeeez
No - Niy niy niy (almost always in sets of three and accompanied by a headshake)
Baaah(like the sound a sheep makes) - ah ah ah ah
Moo - Maaah
Cock-a-doodle-doo - thckathckathck
Moose - maaah
Doggy - daddy
Dolly - daddy

A week shy of her 15 month birthday, she weighs in just under 19 lbs. I'm not sure how tall she is, but I'll find out a week from Wednesday at her 15 mo. checkup. She still has the same 6 teeth she's had since the beginning of May, but we can tell there are new ones on the way.

We got back from Kansas City a week ago yesterday. (As usual, Izzy was a perfect angel on our flights to and from.) We were there having our make-up celebration of my birthday from when we couldn't go in May b/c of the swine flu. My parents surprised me with an incredible birthday cake from the woman who made David and my wedding cake. For those of you who remember how amazing it was - the birthday cake was just as good and looked fabulous. She's made it to match my invitations for my surprise party (which didn't end up happening). While we were there, we threw in a Father's Day Brunch.

Isabella did some fun things while she was visiting KC. It was brutally hot and rained the first 2 days, but we didn't let that dampen our trip. We took her to a petting zoo for the first time and she absolutely LOVED it. We went to the farmer's market and picked out some fresh fruits and veggies. She ate KC BBQ for the first time and, no surprise, she loved that as well. David got to play golf 3 times while we were there (4 if you count the trip to the driving range). He was in heaven. My Dad actually "played" with him when he went on Saturday. I've got to give my Dad some credit, it takes a strong guy to go to a golf course having never played anything other than driving range shots. He did really well. David and I actually had a date while we were there. It was so nice to be alone. We went to see The Hangover. I was very skeptical going in to it, but was pleasantly surprised how funny it was. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Here are some pictures from the trip. Enjoy!

P.S. The last few pictures are of Isabella's first bang trim. I did it myself, if you couldn't tell. She wouldn't hold still, so they're a little shorter and more uneven than I anticipated. There's also a picture of her "wearing" my tank top. She was under the impression it was a necklace...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hello!

My name is Stephanie Warner and I found your name while looking at blogsites of Dallas residence. I wanted to let you know about a new company I have just started up. It is called Pampered Prego. You can check out my site at:
www.pamperedprego.blogspot.com

I am basically a service that goes out and helps new moms or mommy-to-be's with their chores. I have different packages and styles available. All my packages come with complimentary cookies. What more could a mom want......chores being done and chocolate....best of both worlds.

If you know anybody that is pregnant or just had a baby, and may want to use these services, please pass my name along. And, if you are ever in need of a baby shower gift, don't forget about me. This is a great gift to give because it is different, and it will be REMEMBERED by the prego FOREVER! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Warner
Pampered Prego
972-322-8876