I sincerely apologize for the LONG stretch between posts. As you know, we are in the middle of a move, so time is at a minimum. I'll try and get us up to date:
Tito's Birthday Weekend:
We spent the weekend in San Antonio to celebrate Tito's birthday. As always, Isabella had SO much fun seeing all of her cousins. She played ALL weekend long. David and I were busy behind the scenes negotiating back and forth on the purchase of our new house and putting our current house on the market.
House on the Market:
When we arrived back in town, reality hit that our house was on the market. Fortunately it sold in just 2 days.
A Week in Kansas City:
While David was on his annual golf trip to Alabama, Isabella and I headed to Kansas City for a week to spend time with my family. She did some really fun things like going to the Zoo (she loved it), riding in a Radio Flyer Wagon, coloring and playing with Papa's guitar. She slept extremely well which was a relief. Because I forgot my camera battery when I left, I only took a few pictures:
Remodeling, A/C Units and Water Heaters:
Once we were back from all of our travels, several expected (and unexpected) changes were made to the house. Before we found our new house, we'd paid for and scheduled new granite countertops, a new backsplash and double ovens for the kitchen. When we sold the house the final price "included" these upgrades (even though they weren't installed at the time). In addition, however, the water heater decided it wanted to spring a leak and need to be replaced, as did the outside A/C unit. Thousands of dollars later, the new home owners have ZERO to complain about. ZERO! We're just ready to be out of the house in into our new digs :)
16 Months:
A few days ago Isabella celebrated her 16 month birthday. I guess that means she can drive (a little tykes car, of course). She FINALLY weighs 20 lbs. FINALLY. She's so adorable. Her vocabulary has gotten so large, it would take an entire post to list them all. I'll highlight some of my favorites:
Please: Bees?
Bless You: Bawah
Purse: Puh
Izzy: Issy
Breakfast: Beh Beh
Milk: Meeee
Meagan: Maymie
She tries to copy me in singing the alphabet, but her version goes a little something like this:
ay, bee, eee, dee, eee, eh, gee, ay, ieeee, a;sldig, ay, ell, em, em, oh, pee, alsdk, aslkdfj, esss, tee, ooh, eee, asl;kd, alskdfj, ay, eee.
It's absolutely adorable. She plays along with Itsy Bitsy Spider, Pat-a-cake, Wheels on the Bus and If You're Happy and You Know It. She feeds her dolls and gives them her sippy cup. She plays Goodnight, Goodmorning. It's so funny how she does it. If you're "Sleeping" she kisses your arm and then yells in your face "MAMA!" I laugh every time. She dances to almost every upbeat song. She's getting better at eating with a fork and a spoon all by herself. She can name several family members in pictures. She love to "read." If she ever wonders off in the house, 90% of the time she's in her room reading. The other 10% she's in our room going through my nightstand drawers. She loves putting her purses on her shoulder, waving and saying "bye bye." She's just so entertaining. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment