Late last year, I signed up for a "Mommy and Me" class at the synagogue every Wednesday morning from January to May. I was SO excited about it. I thought it would be a great opportunity to meet new people and for Isabella to be able to play with other kids (in addition to her weekly playgroup). Boy was I mistaken. Not only was it not what I thought I was signing up for, but Isabella hates it. There's only one other mom/baby duo in the class and we already know them (they are in our Monday playgroup). The baby in that duo is less than 6 months old, and not mobile, so Isabella is bored to tears because she has no interaction with her. Isabella whines the entire time (which is not like her at all) and just doesn't seem interested. The only part of it she enjoys is the 20 minute music class. That said, I'm going to sign her up for a Mommy and Me music class on Friday mornings. I think she'll enjoy that a lot more and I know for sure there are more than a couple of other people in the class. Hopefully we'll get to try it out this Friday to see if we like it. Here are a couple of pictures of Isabella "enjoying" the music portion of the boring mommy and me class at the synagogue.
Note: she is not smiling, but she's not whining either which is a welcome relief from the rest of the extremely long hour class...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment